“Despite the forecast, live like it’s spring.” – Lily Pulitzer
Spring is always associated with fresh starts and new beginnings.
It is a time synonymous with birth and creation.
I believe this is the most optimistic time of the year, even more so than the start of a new year. The days are brighter, the nights are longer and everywhere you look flowers are blooming and trees are blossoming.
Spring signifies hope and represents opportunity.
It offers a cleans slate and reminds us that no matter what has happened in the past, you get another chance. Another roll of the dice and another shot at your dreams and aspirations.
During the Autumn and Winter months I tend to hibernate. I hate the cold, damp weather, the dark mornings and all the layers of clothing I have to wear.
I find Spring liberating. It is a time when nature comes alive again and invites me to do the same.
Spring inspires me to shed my layers, pull back the curtains, get up, get out and grab life with both hands!
Here are 31 uplifting quotes to give you a Spring in your step this month:
1. “Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.” – Helen Keller
2. “You can’t change t he world from the rear view mirror.” – Anita Roddick
3. “No matter how long the winter, spring is sure to follow.” – Proverb
4. “Begin today. Declare out loud to the universe that you are willing to let go of struggle and eager to learn through joy.” -Sarah Ban Breathnach
5. “With the new day comes new strength and new thoughts.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
6. “If you have made mistakes, there is always another chance for you. You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing we call ‘failure’ is not the falling down, but the staying down.” – Mary Pickford
7. “Start wherever you are and start small.” – Rita Baily
8. “The secret of getting ahead is getting started.” – Sally Ber
9. “You don’t need endless time and perfect conditions. Do it now. Do it today. Do it for twenty minutes and watch your heart start beating.” – Barbara Sher
10. “I’ve learned that no matter what happens, or how bad it seems today, life does go on, and it will be better tomorrow.” – Maya Angelou
11. “You will never win if you never begin.” – Helen Rowland
12. “Some stories don’t have a clear beginning, middle and end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what’s going to happen next. Delicious ambiguity.” – Gilda Radner
13. “When you feel that you have reached the end and that you cannot go one step further, when life seems to be drained of all purpose: What a wonderful opportunity to start all over again, to turn over a new page.” – Eileen Caddy
14. “Keep on beginning and failing. Each time you fail, start all over again, and you will grow stronger until you have accomplished a purpose – not the one you began with perhaps, but one you’ll be glad to remember.” -Anne Sullivan
15. “Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent.” – Marilyn vos Savant
16. “The beautiful spring came; and when Nature resumes her loveliness, the human soul is apt to revive also.” – Harriet Ann Jacobs
17. “Losses aren’t cataclysmic if they teach the heart and soul their natural cycle of breaking and healing. A real tragedy? That’s the loss of the heart and soul themselves. If you’ve abandoned yourself in the effort to keep anyone or anything else, unlearn that pattern. Live your truth, losses be damned. Just like that, your heart and soul will return home.” – Martha Beck
18. “Never yet was a springtime, when the buds forgot to bloom.” – Margaret Elizabeth Sangster
19. “Don’t listen to negative influences. Believe in yourself, and show others what you can do. Only “you” can find your potential.” – Marla Runyan
20. “An optimist is the human personification of spring.” -Susan J. Bissonette
21. “Instead of looking at the past, I put myself ahead twenty years and try to look at what I need to do now in order to get there then.” – Diana Ross
22. “If you’re going to be able to look back on something and laugh about it, you might as well laugh about it now.” – Marie Osmond
23. “Spring is when life’s alive in everything.” – Christina Rossetti
24. “Nourish beginnings, let us nourish beginnings. Not all things are blest, but the seeds of all things are blest. The blessing is in the seed.” – Muriel Rukeyser
25. “The beginning is always today.” – Mary Wollstonecraft
26. “It takes chances to make changes.” – Danielle Ballentine
27. “The world is round and the place which may seem like the end may also be only the beginning.” – Ivy Baker
28. “Can words describe the fragrance of the very breath of spring?” – Neltje Blanchan
29. “She felt like a beginning. A clean canvas, ready to be painted. A gorgeous new idea.” – Ruthie Knox
30. “However, don’t let perfectionism become an excuse for never getting started.” – Marilu Henner
31. “One can never consent to creep when one feels an impulse to soar.” – Helen Keller
Here’s to a fab start to Spring – new beginnings, adventures and opportunities!
Sharing is Caring
Do you have a quote that really inspires you to get started again? Share your favourite quote with us in the comments section below.