“I think happiness is what makes you pretty. Period. Happy people are beautiful. They become like a mirror and they reflect that happiness.” – Drew Barrymore
As both my birthday, and May Day are this week, I thought the theme for May’s motivational quotes should be about celebrating life.
It’s not always easy to look on the brighter side of life, with all your daily demands, challenges and responsibilities so here are 31 quotes to remind you to celebrate each day, no matter what else is going on.
1. “Life is what you celebrate. All of it. Even its end.” – Joanne Harris
2. “The best way to prepare for life is to begin to live.” – Elbert Hubbard
3. “Normal day, let me be aware of the treasure you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart. Let me not pass you by in quest of some rare and perfect tomorrow. Let me hold you while I may, for it may not always be so. One day I shall dig my nails into the earth, or bury my face in the pillow, or stretch myself taut, or raise my hands to the sky and want, more than all the world, your return.” – Mary Jean Iron
4. “Life is like a roller coaster, live it, be happy, enjoy life.” – Avril Lavigne
6. “Take a step back, evaluate what is important, and enjoy life.” – Teri Garr
7. “Life is full of beauty. Notice it. Notice the bumblebee, the small child, and the smiling faces. Smell the rain, and feel the wind. Live your life to the fullest potential, and fight for your dreams.” – Ashley Smith
8. “If you go around being afraid, you’re never going to enjoy life. You have only one chance, so you’ve got to have fun.” – Lindsay Vonn
9. “Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy.” – Anne Frank
10. “The more you praise and celebrate your life, the more there is in life to celebrate.” – Oprah Winfrey
11. “Life was meant to be lived, and curiosity must be kept alive. One must never, for whatever reason, turn his back on life.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
12. “We need much less than we think we need.” – Maya Angelou
13. “The most important thing is to enjoy your life – to be happy – it’s all that matters.” – Audrey Hepburn
14. “The only way to live is to accept each minute as an unrepeatable miracle, which is exactly what it is: a miracle and unrepeatable.” – Storm Jameson
16. “You have to enjoy life. Always be surrounded by people that you like, people who have a nice conversation. There are so many positive things to think about.” – Sophia Loren
17. “Simply enjoy life and the great pleasures that come with it.” – Karolina Kurkova
18. “Find ecstasy in life; the mere sense of living is joy enough” – Emily Dickinson
19. “I think people should have fun. And don’t get so down on yourself. Enjoy life and be the best person you can be.” – Keke Palmer
20. “It is only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on Earth and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up that we will begin to live each day to the fullest as if it were the only one we had.” – Elisabeth Kubler-Ross.
21. “Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.” – Maya Angelou
22. “You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.” – Mae West
23. “I discovered what is and isn’t important to me. I decided I really wanted to enjoy life with someone fun, who can make the best out of any situation – whatever it is we’re doing.” – Jennifer Morrison
24. “Life is short, wear your party pants!” – Loretta LaRoche
26. “Begin doing what you want to do now. We have only this moment, sparkling like a star in our hand, and melting like a snowflake.” – Marie Ray
27. “If the sight of the blue skies fills you with joy, if a blade of grass springing up in the fields has power to move you, if the simple things of nature have a message that you understand, rejoice, for your soul is alive.” – Eleanora Duse
28. “I am a perfectionist but I know how to live life. When I’m working, it’s 100%. When I’m with my friends, I put everything away and enjoy life. When I come home to my kids, it’s pure joy and everything’s worth it. Every time, I really focus 100 percent on one thing. I’ve learned how to juggle my life and I feel like now I have the perfect balance.” – Monique Lhuillier
29. “We spend precious hours fearing the inevitable. It would be wise to use that time adoring our families, cherishing our friends and living our lives.” – Maya Angelou
30. “I travel light. I think the most important thing is to be in a good mood and enjoy life, wherever you are.” – Diane von Furstenberg
31. “I don’t want to get to the end of my life and find that I lived just the length of it. I want to have lived the width of it as well.” – Diane Ackerman.
Sharing is Caring
Which of these quotes do you find most empowering? Let me know in the comments below.