“Change your life today. Don’t gamble on the future, act now, without delay.” – Simone de Beauvoir
Spring is well and truly here.
The blossom from the trees makes every day feel like you’re at a wedding and the clocks going forward (in the UK) means brighter evenings. Awesome huh!
April not only marks the start of a new month, but also the end of the first quarter of 2015 and the beginning of quarter two. It’s also my birthday month! Most definitely my favourite month of the year!
So what better time to start making changes?
I’m making some change in my life and I am aware of how challenging personal change can be. Therefore to kick start this new period in 2015, I’m sharing 30 quotes to keep you motivated throughout April.
Although they haven’t begun as yet in London, this month is typically associated with the infamous April Showers, so hopefully these quotes should prevent the weather putting a dampener on your spirits and keep you moving forward with any changes you are making.
1. “A year from now you will wish you had started today.” – Karen Lamb
2. “When in doubt, choose change.” – Lily Leung
3. “I can’t think of any better representation of beauty than someone who is unafraid to be herself.” – Emma Stone
4. “When we do the best we can, we never know what miracle is wrought in our life, or in the life of another.” – Helen Keller
5. “The most effective way to do it, is to do it.” – Amelia Earhart
6. “If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun.” – Katharine Hepburn
7. “I’d rather regret the things I’ve done than regret the things I haven’t done.” – Lucille Ball
8. “Everyone has inside of her a piece of good news. The good news is that you don’t know how great you can be! How much you can love! What you can accomplish! And what your potential is!” – Anne Frank
9. “Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs.” – Farrah Gray
10. “Life is not easy for any of us. But what of that? We must have perseverance and, above all, confidence in ourselves. We must believe we are gifted for something and that this thing must be attained.” – Marie Curie
11. “Flops are a part of life’s menu and I’ve never been a girl to miss out on any of the courses.” – Rosalind Russell
12. “The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
13. “Power’s not given to you. You have to take it.” – Beyonce Knowles Carter
14. “The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.” – Alice Walker
15. “Always go with the choice that scares you the most, because that’s the one that is going to require the most from you.” – Caroline Myss
16. “I was smart enough to go through any door that opened.” – Joan Rivers
17. “I am willing to put myself through anything, temporary pain or discomfort means nothing to me as long as I can see that the experience will take me to a new level. I am interested in the unknown, and the only path to the unknown is through breaking barriers, an often painful process.” – Diana Nyad
18. “If you don’t like the road you’re walking, start paving another one.” – Dolly Parton
19. “And the trouble is, if you don’t risk anything, you risk more.” – Erica Jong
20. “The question isn’t who’s going to let me; it’s who’s going to stop me.” – Ayn Rand
21. “Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. The fearful are caught as often as the bold.” – Helen Keller
22. “Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.” – Maria Robinson
23. “One of the most courageous things you can do is identify yourself, know who you are, what you believe in and where you want to go.” – Sheila Murray Bethel
24. “If I stop to kick every barking dog I am not going to get where I’m going.” – Jackie Joyner-Kersee
25. “It takes a great deal of courage to stand up to your enemies, but even more to stand up to your friends.” – J. K. Rowling
26. “I’m not afraid of storms, for I’m learning to sail my ship.” – Louisa May Alcott
27. “You are the one that possesses the keys to your being. You carry the passport to your own happiness.” – Diane von Furstenberg
28. “Make the most of yourself by fanning the tiny, inner sparks of possibility into flames of achievement.” – Golda Meir
29. “Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it?” – Caroline Myss
30. “Never limit yourself because of others’ limited imagination.” – Mae Jemison
I encourage you to look at these quotes at the start of each day to give you a dose of positive motivation. At the very least, come back to these quotes when you are feeling the discomfort and challenge of personal change to keep you going.
Good luck with the changes you are putting in place and have a fantastic April!
Sharing is Caring
Which quote resonates with you the most? Let us know in the comments section below.
Loved this post? If you enjoyed this blog post, use the icons below to share it with friends and anyone else you think would enjoy it. You can also tweet it, like it on Facebook and send it via email.