“I can be a better me than anyone can.” – Diana Ross
The focus of all the courses is to become a more authentic writer.
I’ve been aware for a long time that my writing does not accurately reflect my personality. My authentic voice has been stifled for a long time and I wanted a way to access it and sound more like me.
Finally I have begun to shed many of the layers that have been hiding my authentic voice and I’ve started experimenting with my writing.
I’m now writing on my personal blog, which I created in November but had only written 2 posts for.
Writing in my authentic voice makes me feel vulnerable and it’s scary. However, it’s something I have a deep urge to do.
I’ve been thinking about all the ways we limit ourselves and suppress who we truly are.
If you’re anything like me, you just want to be yourself, but struggle daily to meet the expectations and demands of the world around you.
So to kick-start June, I wanted to share some motivational quotes by women to inspire you to be your authentic self.
1. “ How many more of us are faking the facade? How many more of us are pretending to be something we’re not? Even better, how many of us will have the courage to be ourselves regardless of what others think?”– Katie McGarry
2. “We have to stand up for what we believe in, even when we might not be popular for it. Honesty starts with being ourselves, authentic and true to who we are and what we believe in, and that may not always be popular, but it will always let you follow your dreams and your heart.” – Tabatha Coffey
3. “If you look back in history of the women who are most memorable and most stylish, they were never the followers of fashion. They were the ones who were unique in their style, breakers of the rules. They were authentic, genuine, original. They were not following the trends.” – Nina Garcia
4. “We have to dare to be ourselves, however frightening or strange that self may prove to be.” – May Sarton
6. “If you trade your authenticity for safety, you may experience the following: anxiety, depression, eating disorders, addiction, rage, blame, resentment, and inexplicable grief.” – Brene Brown
7. “I had no idea that being your authentic self could make me as rich as I’ve become. If I had, I’d have done it a lot earlier.” – Oprah Winfrey
8. “That inner voice has both gentleness and clarity. So to get to authenticity, you really keep going down to the bone, to the honesty, and the inevitability of something.” – Meredith Monk
9. “To be nobody but myself-in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make me somebody else-means to fight the hardest battle any human can fight, and never stop fighting.” – E.E. Cummings
10. “We need to find the courage to say NO to the things and people that are not serving us if we want to rediscover ourselves and live our lives with authenticity.” – Barbara de Angelis
11. “ The most exhausting thing in life is being insincere.”– Anne Morrow Lindbergh
12. “Honesty and transparency make you vulnerable. Be honest and transparent anyway.” – Mother Theresa
13. “Always be a first-rate version of yourself and not a second-rate version of someone else.” – Judy Garland
14. Just be your authentic self because there’s nothing sexier or more beautiful than that. – Carol Leifer
15. “People always tell me, ‘Reinvent yourself, re-this, re-whatever.’ I haven’t reinvented myself. It’s an honest evolution. I’ve always been authentic.” – Pamela Anderson
17. “Be yourself. The world worships an original.” – Ingrid Bergman
18. “Do what you feel in your heart to be right – for you will be criticized anyway.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
19. “It is finally when you let go of what people expect you to be and people’s perceptions of you that you’re able to be the version of yourself that you’re supposed to be– like in God’s eyes. It doesn’t matter if you’re half crazy, or eccentric, or whatever it is– that you have to be true to who you were born to be.” – Gwyneth Paltrow
20. “When one is pretending the entire body revolts.” – Anaïs Nin
21. “Finally and most important of all, authenticity means that you must do what you do the way you do it and allow everyone else the same courtesy.” – Iyanla Vanzant
22. “There is only one of you in all time, this expression is unique. And if you block it, it will never exist through any other medium and it will be lost.” — Martha Graham
23. “Authenticity is a collection of choices that we have to make every day. It’s about the choice to show up and be real. The choice to be honest. The choice to let our true selves be seen.” – Brené Brown
24. “Being authentic is the ability to be true to oneself. Living an authentic life requires the ability to be true to our own wants, needs and desires and not live our lives by the opinion of others. Being authentic is the ability to make self-honoring choices and stand firmly in who we are in our core. Being true to ourselves gives us the insight and compassion to see others for who they are, not who we expect them to be. It frees us up from the judgment of ourselves and others and it gives others the freedom to be themselves as well.” – Victoria J. Reynolds
26. “I try to keep it real. I don’t have time to worry about what I’m projecting to the world. I’m just busy being myself.” – Demi Lovato
27. “ About all you can do in life is be who you are. Some people will love you for you. Most will love you for what you can do for them, and some won’t like you at all.”– Rita Mae Brown
28. “You just have to be yourself and go full with confidence and be courageous.” – Gaby Douglas
29. “I’ve finally stopped running away from myself. Who else is there better to be?” – Goldie Hawn
30. “Some people say you are going the wrong way, when it’s simply a way of your own.” – Angelina Jolie
Sharing is Caring
What quote will you use as motivation to be more like you this month?